• Heads up for those who post DC Metro videos on YouTube

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by tommyboy6181

There are many of you that are on this site who post videos to YouTube of the trains. You may want to check this channel to see if this user stole videos from you and called it their own without giving any credit to the original person who did the work.

User's name: reecekatherine
  by SchuminWeb

Thanks for the notification! There are four WMATA vids on there. One was mine:

Their now-yanked ripoff of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91m05FTijtQ&feature=plcp
My original, in 480p: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCTljji7i40

The other three aren't mine, and I don't know who the authors are.
  by tommyboy6181

User Monisrocks1995 had 2 of his videos stolen, which is the Green line ride from Branch Ave to L'Enfant. He actually has a lot of videos up on his page, and many of them feature the CAF cars. I'm not sure who the 4th video belongs to. Considering that the Monisrocks1995 created his videos in 2010, and then the user reecekatharine stole them in 2011, that would easily be a 3 strikes in 1 day to permanently delete the account.
  by Robert Paniagua

YouTube should give us a lock option to prevent our movies we originally authored from being extracted like that and reposted b y someone else and them taking credit for them even though that user didnt author it
  by tommyboy6181

I think there is a content verification feature, but not sure if that would completely take care of the problem.
  by frank754

There are programs to extract the video files from youtube, then people can edit and re-encode them, so it's not safe at all. You can even use software to make a DVD compilation, if you get familiar enough with some of the programs out there.