• NYSW to own CEFX leasors

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by charlie6017

Okay, since NYSW pays freight to CSX for transporting these SD60s to get to home rails, does
the Susie-Q pay just a flat rate to CSX? It would seems so (I would hope!!), since CSX seems
to take these things everywhere EXCEPT right to their interchange!

Forgive me if that has already been asked, but I looked a little but am not sorting
through 30-plus pages.

Charlie
  by kingfish

Flat rate.
  by charlie6017

Thanks Mr. King! :-)
  by Steve F45

3806 was delivered and has been picked up. Was heading south on the syracuse main.
  by Autoblock

Here is 3806 bringing up the rear of what was suppose to be Thursday's SU100. Still sitting on the east end of malfunction junction Saturday with its lead power MIA. She is on her way down the tier this evening tho with 5 units and a nice size train behind!
  by Autoblock

Here is another shot.
  by fredrick

GREAT picture shots of nysw 3800 and 3806.
  by NYSW4052

Reported on the Loconotes forum: "NYSW 3804 shipped out on 7/30 - the last of the SD60's being shopped for them."

No other info available.

Seems we missed 3802, unless I'm overlooking a post somewhere..
  by Steve F45

NYSW4052 wrote:Reported on the Loconotes forum: "NYSW 3804 shipped out on 7/30 - the last of the SD60's being shopped for them."

No other info available.

Seems we missed 3802, unless I'm overlooking a post somewhere..
i have not seen anything about 3802 being delivered.
  by NYSW4052

According to information posted on the NYSW forum (pasted below), it is 3802 that has been released for interchange. 3804 is not ready yet.

-------------
"I'm guessing that is a typo as the last report I got showed 3802 was released and going to interchange. 3804 is not ready, and the report source doesn't do typos..."
  by NYSW4052

Well, it's getting interesting here. When asked about 3802, the poster on Loconotes said this:
-----
"3802 shipped out on 7/22 or 7/23. It was in Madisonville on 7/24."
-----
Every other time he has said one of the SD60's was out he supplied a photo. This time he has not posted a photo of either 3802 which he said was in Madisonville on the 24th, or 3804 which he says shipped 7/30.

So we're in the 'wait and see' mode at least until someone can grab a photo that proves something either way...
  by NYSW4052

It seems that after 3802 sat at Madisonville since July 24 and 3804 sat there since July 31 or so, the duo has now made it to Nashville. A poster on the CSX Systemwide forum placed them there Aug. 8..

Any bets on how long it takes for CSX to get them from Nashville to Syracuse this time?
  by NYSW4052

Posted on the Susquehanna board Saturday morning was a report that 3804 and 3802 were spotted on Q366-17 through Berea, OH Friday night around 9:00PM. That should have gotten them to Selkirk Saturday. Now we wait to see if they get to run back and forth across the water level route a couple of times before getting dropped at Dewitt.