• "The list". Conductor/collector question

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by RRChef

So the next time I get on the LIRR and claim to have no money I'll just show the conductor my college ID from 20 years ago and claim it's the only ID I have. It should work.
:wink:

I rode the LIRR for many years and I don't ever recall train crews handing out a form and telling people to mail in the payment. Is this something recent or was I just not paying attention?

by mkm4

RRChef wrote: I rode the LIRR for many years and I don't ever recall train crews handing out a form and telling people to mail in the payment. Is this something recent or was I just not paying attention?
It's not that common to occur. You either never saw it or weren't paying attention. I've only seen it happen twice in my ten years of commuting.

by mark777

LIRailfan79

Blieve it or not, I actually come across quite a few people who try to use a ticket that has already been punched. Quite simply, if they did a stop over and did not request one from the conductor of the previous train, then that ticket is as good as dead. Being that i work on the Ronkonkoma line (which some of you who work here already know) is probably the worst of worst. You will get everything form drunks, druggies, you'll hear sad stories, and all sorts of crap that can play with someone's patience, something that I already have run out of. So people will play games as usual. My favorite are the folks of Wyandanch. They get on my east bounds, and what many do is either get in one car and walk through the entire consist, the others dart right into the train as soon as the doors open and before anyone gets out (so that they get in before anyone of the crew members see them), or my favorite, they stay on the platform, and when the doors are about to close they dart right in. I closed the doors on two shmucks yesterday who played that game and were left behind. Oh well! I know how to play as well. But seriously, If someone showed me a fake monthly, and if it's not obvious that it is a fake, I really won't know the difference. But punched one-way or round trip tickets is a no-go with me and neither are stories. They should tell it to someone who really cares. Damn I could be cold!!

by Lupo 10

Its so funny I commute KO everyday. Mark, you're probably my conductor and I would never know.....I'm the one that drools when I sleep (oh wait, thats all of us)...LOL