• NYSW to own CEFX leasors

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by Steve F45

I guess the PAL is bringing the unit up to home rails themselves LOL
  by Alek9997

Steve F45 wrote:I guess the PAL is bringing the unit up to home rails themselves LOL

They would most likely be a lot more efficient at it too! LOL

Alek S
  by Tadman

Wow, just saw those pics of 3810. Allow me to foam for a sec, but they look fantastic. Hopefully they pull well and put on a good show for the guys trackside.

This may be a dumb question, but what is the main business of NYSW these days? I recall they run one mainline freight SU-100/99 but other than that I'm a bit ignorant of the road other than their rather interesting power choices.
  by NYSW4052

Per this posting on another NYSW group at 3pm today, 3810 is on the way to Cincinnati.

"NYSW SD60 # 3810 departed Louisville KY this morning on CSX train Q504. This
train runs to and terminates at Cincinatti, OH. Train should be there sometime
tonight/early tomorrow AM. Departed at 1230 pm today. Not shore how the plan on
routing it from there, but its apparently waybilled to the NYSW at Syracuse, NY."
  by Steve F45

Cross posted from csx systemwide yahoo group.

"NYSW 3808 made a run to Louisville on the PAL last night. Should be
coming back to Paducah overnight."
  by NYSW4052

Posted around 5pm today on the NYSW group:

"NYSW SD60 3810 is currently in Selkirk. "

No further word or confirmation.
  by The Man

Just (7:45) saw 3810 pass the New York State Fair at speed, 3rd unit in the power line up with an SD-40 or something trailing behind it. It was on line and looked good going west, I guess they are running it to Buffalo or something so when it gets to Wilard, OH they will send it to Huntington to go north to NJ! I love the CSX route planning.

JJ-
  by NYSW4052

OK, now we have conflicting reports.

We have this as posted at approximately 7:30 pm on the Susquehanna group:

"SD 60 3810 arrived Selkirk, NY today (5/15) off train Q366 from Cincinatti. it was then placed on westbound train Q627-15 out of Selkirk and was shown as arriving in Syracuse for interchange just shy of 6 PM. So it appears the first SD60 is either on home rails or will be very shortly, once interchanged to the NYS&W. Should move south to Binghamton this week for inspection, orientation, and set up for service." This was posted by a person who would have access to CSX information.

We also have a post on the CSX Riverline forum thus:

"It has been reported to be back at Dewitt by now.(21:40)"

Then we have the recent post here that says that the 3810 was on the fly toward Buffalo past State Fair and on line. While I have doubts that a loco that hasn't been delivered to its owner for checkout would be online and pulling freight, stranger things have happened. Again, it is CSX we're talking about here... One thing is sure, it cannot both be at Dewitt for interchange and on the fly past State Fair...

Anyone else have a sighting?
  by lvrr325

I can report that TheMan was not hallucinating, he's absoloutely concrete when he says the unit went westbound past Syracuse without stopping, passing the fairgrounds around 8:15 or so. 3rd out behind two GE widecabs with one more older CSX unit trailing.

Roadster has explained this before, so I'm not sure why it's a mystery, but either the Q627 did not work Dewitt, or they simply neglected to drop the unit for some reason - extremely common with CSX - and it will return for another go round on some other train. Maybe it will even go around in a circle via Sand Patch or something - that's happened before too.
  by Jtgshu

hahaha good ol CSX...never fails to put on a good show!

Id be more curious if the unit was online or just along for the ride....if it was online, it might explain why it stayed together with those locos and not dropped off
  by NYSW4052

We understand that certain trains only work certain stops in certain directions, but sometimes the internals of the CSX machine are unfathomable... Thus the following comment from the Susquehanna forum:

"How long before NYS&W starts posting Photos of the unit on milk cartons? Given
how CSX just finished dragging the DL 2403 (a dead Alco) all over New York to
move it from Utica to Albany for interchange with CP, how much more fun are they
going to have with a running SD-60?

I'm sure if CSX could take almost a month to move a dead locomotive from Utica
to Albany, it may be a lllooonnnggg time before 3810 pulls a train on NYS&W
rails."

Maybe NYSW is having CSX road test their new power for them in exchange for horsepower-hours... ;-)
  by kingfish

Below is part of a message I received from GATX power tracking. In and of itself the message is meaningless without the train symbol. I sincerely wish that NS could have been the carrier...

Concerned parties
NYSW3810- The locomotive arrived in Buffalo, NY via CSX on 5/15/12 at 11:30pm
  by Steve F45

should we start a pool on which unit arriveson NYSW property first 3810 or 3808 when its done testing?
  by NYSW4052

If 3808 ships NS, my money goes there ;-)
  by Alek9997

NYS&W 3810 came back East on CSX Train Q626-16 today, but again, it was not dropped off in Dewitt. Attached is a shot of it near Rome, NY around 8 PM this evening.

Maybe tomorrow's Q627 will finally leave it at Dewitt?

Alek S
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.