• Norfolk Southern To Hire 2,600 Workers In 2012

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
  by Jeff Smith

Going to cross-post this here and employment forums. Anyone here planning on retiring this year? Congrats! Tell us your stories! And good luck to those applying.

(I'll move this back and forth to refresh).

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/01/ ... s-in-2012/

Brief, fair-use quote:
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Norfolk Southern is hiring — in a big way.

“We have a large number of retirements coming up,” Dave Pidgeon, a spokesman for Norfolk Southern, said. “Across the industry, about 30 percent of our workforce – that’s about 67,000 people are going to need to be replaced because of retirements. That’s between now and five years from now.”

These are good paying jobs with a starting salary of at least $40,000, but you better be ready to work outside and do some heavy lifting too.
  by Lane1472

Hello, My Grandfather and Great-grandfather both worked for the railroad. I have become interested in it now as well. I didn't realize until I started doing some research how great the benefits are! anyone got any advice to help me land a clerk position in the Atlanta area? I looked over the job requirements on the NS website that position meshes well with my experience at my current place of employment. I live in Decatur, GA so all of the Atlanta area office are very convenient for me. I understand from reading about the company on glassdoor.com that we are supposed to wait on a email to see if we have been picked to get interviewed. Any advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.