• Portion of the Binghamton 'Hillcrest' Depot for sale

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by yppak

Admin, if this is wrong forum, please move.

From the GSA Auction site:
The property consists of a portion of the Binghamton “Hillcrest” Depot (the "Property"), located at 1151 Hoyt Avenue in the Town of Fenton, Broom County, New York 13901. The Property consists of approximately 89 acres improved with 13 buildings. The buildings are predominately warehouses, comprising approximately 800,000 square feet of storage space. The Property abuts two rail lines, the New York Susquehanna and Western Railway Corporation on the northern portion of the property and the Delaware and Hudson Railroad Company Inc. d/b/a Canadian Pacific Railway on the southern portion. Acquired by the Government in 1942, warehouse operations ceased in 2006.

The Property is located approximately 1 mile from Route 88 and approximately 5 miles from Route 81

Link to bid invite:
http://gsaauctions.gov/ATTACHMENT/REGNB ... %20IFB.pdf
  by pumpers

yppak wrote: The Property abuts two rail lines, the New York Susquehanna and Western Railway Corporation on the northern portion of the property and the Delaware and Hudson Railroad Company Inc. d/b/a Canadian Pacific Railway on the southern portion.
It's funny that the official link says this. The D&H is high on the hill on the east side of the property with no direct access, nor any practical way to put it in (IMHO). Only the NYSW directly acesses the site, from the south end. Maybe they imply the D&H has trackage rights over the NYSW to the depot? Even so, they would have to get on the NYSW all the way down in Binghamton. JS
  by RailKevin

When I read the word "depot" I instantly thought of "train station." But, no, it is an old military or government supply depot. And here I was thinking, "How can they sell only a portion of a train station?" :)