• "Das Binky" - landmark near Hoboken

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Uzi-Cat

While not dual control, they can be cranked over using the special handle. That is something track department does, not Conductors.
  by Uzi-Cat

Hey, I just realized that even now, nobody has yet to explain why electric powered switch heaters are bad. I mean, if you have no catenary you have no trains. I mean come on, like oh my god!
  by 25Hz

Uzi-Cat wrote:Hey, I just realized that even now, nobody has yet to explain why electric powered switch heaters are bad. I mean, if you have no catenary you have no trains. I mean come on, like oh my god!
Like totally right on dude!
  by cruiser939

Uzi-Cat wrote:Hey, I just realized that even now, nobody has yet to explain why electric powered switch heaters are bad. I mean, if you have no catenary you have no trains. I mean come on, like oh my god!
I noticed that up by Ridgewood that there was no catenary system but there was a big station that looked to have been built very recently. Since trains can't operate without catenary, why did NJT bother to build a station there if there is no train service? It seems like a big waste of money.
  by Uzi-Cat

cruiser939 wrote:
I noticed that up by Ridgewood that there was no catenary system but there was a big station that looked to have been built very recently. Since trains can't operate without catenary, why did NJT bother to build a station there if there is no train service? It seems like a big waste of money.
None of you have answered my question yet! Why do you need switch heaters if it is June?
  by X4401

Anyone up for a "Save das binky!" Campaign? Perhaps "Friends of das binky" or "Das Binky knows what you did last summer"
  by Uzi-Cat

I would like to see a "das binky" float in this years Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. I think a "das Binky" fan club with T-Shirts would be nice too.
  by cruiser939

When I woke up this morning, it was pretty cold. I was wondering if the switch heaters were needed, and if so, were the trains actually able to run? If the trains couldn't run, then I don't really know why NJT would need switch heaters.
  by OportRailfan

cruiser939 wrote:When I woke up this morning, it was pretty cold. I was wondering if the switch heaters were needed, and if so, were the trains actually able to run? If the trains couldn't run, then I don't really know why NJT would need switch heaters.
BLOCK AND SPIKE IT ALL!
  by 25Hz

OportRailfan wrote:
cruiser939 wrote:When I woke up this morning, it was pretty cold. I was wondering if the switch heaters were needed, and if so, were the trains actually able to run? If the trains couldn't run, then I don't really know why NJT would need switch heaters.
BLOCK AND SPIKE IT ALL!
Whew... I was really worried for a minute. I mean, if they can't run trains why do they have trains? :(
  by mtuandrew

NJ Transit needs to build M-O-M so she'll make sure all the switches are wearing hats and mittens on cold days!
  by Patrick Boylan

Let's get back on topic. What they really need is always to carry their binky.
  by sixty-six

Uzi-Cat wrote:I think a "das Binky" fan club with T-Shirts would be nice too.
Get brown t-shirts, white spray paint, and the stencils from the track dept.
  by 25Hz

Patrick Boylan wrote:Let's get back on topic. What they really need is always to carry their binky.
And a cell phone to capture uber-foaming videos that are too shaken and foamy to understand what's going on, especially through west end when the flame heaters are on.