• Eastern Shore Railway Museum - worth visiting?

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

by motor

I'm sure it's not as exciting as the VMoT or OWLM in Roanoke (I've been to both), but how good is the ESRM?

motor
  by motor

HelOOOOOoooo!!!! I'm going on a minivacation in that part of Delmarva in two weeks and am *still* waiting to get the lowdown on the ESRM. Any ESRM visitors out there?

motor
  by RockGp40

http://www.parksley.com/seeus.shtml

I've never personally been to the museum, but I work with one of the members of the ESRM at the Maryland & Delaware RR. This is a place you should definitely call first before traveling to it to make sure there are folks there (its mostly volunteer based, if not all). It probably would only take an hour or two to do the whole museum.

Brian
  by docsteve

Old thread, but yes, I've been there. Takes about an hour to see everything, but a cute little side trip off route 13 -- I have a couple of prints I purchased there hanging on the wall in my man-cave (but not of local scenes: B&O big steam). I second the idea that attendance may be spotty.

Steve
  by motor

docsteve wrote:Old thread, but yes, I've been there. Takes about an hour to see everything, but a cute little side trip off route 13 -- I have a couple of prints I purchased there hanging on the wall in my man-cave (but not of local scenes: B&O big steam). I second the idea that attendance may be spotty.

Steve
Thanks Steve and everyone. I didn't get to the ESRM last December I confess, but now thanks to Steve I have first hand info for if and when I have the money (for gas and otherwise) to give it a shot.

motor