• Dick Eisfeller Of Big E Productions

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by lakeshoredave

How about referencing a railfan who has been all over North America, shot videos of virutally every important Class 1 mainline, and had expert commentary in each video. Besides doing that, Dick Eisfeller has the best logbook notes taken I've ever seen. His videos show every car of every train that he sees, and how cool is it that he does 24 hour watches at one spot? Its hard enough for most railfans to sit at a spot for 1 or 2 hours, but 24 hours at each spot is impressive. Props to Dick Eisfeller for being one of the most knowledgeable railfans of our generation!

Lakeshore Dave

by Otto Vondrak

I'm not sure I know the name. Has he been published anywhere I might recognize?

by lakeshoredave

Check out www.trainvideos.com and then you will see what kind of stuff that Dick Eisfeller has done. It is a lot of fun to watch his videos and read through his notes.

Lakeshore Dave
  by charlie6017

I have watched a couple of his videos when I still had a VCR. I will say that I
definitely appreciate his thorough knowledge, but I am one that would rather
hear the raw sound on video and would rather read through notes, as opposed
to having them narrated during the video. That sort of ruins it for me in some
ways, but others may like that. Do the DVDs have an on/off feature for narration?

I'm not knocking him at all, but if there were notes enclosed somehow and an on/off
for the narration, I would personally prefer that. I'm more of a "book guy" myself! :-)

Charlie
  by MR77100

charlie6017 wrote:I have watched a couple of his videos when I still had a VCR. I will say that I
definitely appreciate his thorough knowledge, but I am one that would rather
hear the raw sound on video and would rather read through notes, as opposed
to having them narrated during the video. That sort of ruins it for me in some
ways, but others may like that. Do the DVDs have an on/off feature for narration?

I'm not knocking him at all, but if there were notes enclosed somehow and an on/off
for the narration, I would personally prefer that. I'm more of a "book guy" myself! :-)

Charlie
His newest DVD's do come with the option to watch with or without narration.