• NH Genesis...

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by Carex

I was crossing the (I-84) Newburg/Hudson River Bridge eastbound a few days ago.
Glancing down toward east side rails I spotted an 'all to familiar' McGinnis colored loco pulliing a half dozen passenger cars northbound.
Unfortunaly I was too high up to get an accurate view if the equipment.
I'm guessing it may have been the GE Genesis 229?? Or what??

Thanx, Bob
  by Noel Weaver

Obviously you saw one of the Connecticut owned locomotives that are operated by Metro-North. New York owns some and Connecticut owns some but they are pooled and not assigned so they can go anywhere at least east of the Hudson on Metro-North.
Noel Weaver
  by DutchRailnut

you probably saw CDOt @228 as 229 is currently being prepped to be shipped for overhaul in Erie.
unit #230 should be on its way back from Erie(overhail) or Altoona (paintjob).
Unit 231 is in shop in Harmon.