• UTA MP36 Locomotives(010 and 011) Discussion

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by DutchRailnut

?? in case of what ???
railfan urge to picture one ???
  by DutchRailnut

yes electic motors fail, so you replace axle/wheel/traction motor and send old motor for overhaul.
  by MBTA3247

DutchRailnut wrote:yes electic motors fail, so you replace axle/wheel/traction motor and send old motor for overhaul.
It might not have failed, but rather came due for preventative maintenance.
  by sery2831

MBTA3247 wrote:
DutchRailnut wrote:yes electic motors fail, so you replace axle/wheel/traction motor and send old motor for overhaul.
It might not have failed, but rather came due for preventative maintenance.
It HAD it's number 3 motor CHANGED out Thursday!
  by Diverging Route

The 010 was on 351/352 Anderson turn this morning, with a 5-car set (1506 control car).

I'm also told it's up here for training with the new engineer class.
  by The EGE

011 was on P511, the 11:00 to Framingham this morning.
  by BostonUrbEx

010 was outbound from North Station and not sure what happened if it was switching or locomotive problems or just late, but held up #266 inbound for a couple of minutes. Later saw it going inbound as #220.
  by Rbts Stn

Got stuck waiting for it here, outbound, just after 10AM. Must have been 419 out of N Station
  by ck4049

010 was on my train last night(427 & 426), heres the consist to my best memory: 010, 232, 353, 374, 1604, 1506.
  by octr202

Always love it when one of the two most powerful units on the roster ends up on a 5-flat set. :-/
  by AEM7AC920

You wouldn't be the first, the ones that are running like dogs always seem to be on the 7 car strings.
  by skipperlaneboston

It seems too soon for a failure. What type traction motors do these use?