• Crane in Worcester

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

by frrc

Noticed a rail/crane in Worcester this afternoon parked along the tracks that lead to the Gardner Branch/Ayer branch. Right before the exit for Rt 9 / Lincoln square.
  by boatsmate

I sw it there also, I know they ave been replacing bridges on the gardner branch. I posted a report to the P&W yahoo group but got no response.

Bill
  by Red Wing

There has been MOW equipment parked at Norton's for the past couple weeks and I've seen them working lately around the Holden St/Brattle St. crossing.
  by bwparker1

I too spotted this crane today from I-290, heading south at roughly 10:30 am on 12/28/2011. It was cool to see it, I have never seen anything on those tracks when driving through Worcester!
  by daylight4449

Sure it isn't from the wreck train? They usually park it behind the shops. It's been parked by the 2203 when not in use.