Leisure Ride on the SIRT? Maybe PATH?

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

Head-end View

Re: Leisure Ride on the SIRT? Maybe PATH?

Post by Head-end View » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:15 pm

Nice to hear you had a good trip in spite of the weather. I would have been livid if the weather was that bad when I had such a trip planned. Too bad you missed out on Hudson Yards. That's a very cool station. No #7 service on weekends still?

NaugyRR

Post by NaugyRR » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:16 am

Eh, there's not much we can do about the weather, so no sense in getting too worked up over it. I'm 20-minutes-ish from catching Amtrak or Metro-North at any time, so I can always go back or do a solo run if I get bored one weekend.

I've been to Hudson Yards a couple of times, and while the extra long escalators aren't my favorite (not a fan of heights), it's pretty convenient for accessing the West Side from GCT. On Saturday it was more of a "Hey, let's take the 7 into GCT rather than deal with the zoo on 42nd Street/Times Square/PABT", haha.
"That sapling that once grew just south of Wassaic may be long gone, and the Harlem Line’s appearance may have changed over the years, but for decades to come, I can count on it continuing to provide me with funny recollections"

GirlOnTheTrain

Post by GirlOnTheTrain » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:36 pm

This weekend and all week overnight there's no 7 service between Hudson Yards and Queensboro Plaza. Not sure why, might still be tinkering with CBTC.
"I am no longer just a girl on the train, going back and forth without point or purpose."

Moderator: Amtrak, MTA Metro-North, MTA New York City Subway/PATH/NYC Area Light Rail

Return to “NYC MTA Subway and Rail, PATH and SIRT”