Saratoga & North Creek (S&NC) Discussion

Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

Re: Saratoga & North Creek (S&NC) Discussion

Postby lvrr325 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:31 am

I actually heard where some of the things are going but I neglected to ask if it was sharable. In any case it seemed like good news to me.
lvrr325

Postby nydepot » Tue May 15, 2018 11:27 am

If you weren't told not to share, then you can.

lvrr325 wrote:I actually heard where some of the things are going but I neglected to ask if it was sharable. In any case it seemed like good news to me.
nydepot

Postby ANRP2 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:34 am

lvrr325 wrote:I actually heard where some of the things are going but I neglected to ask if it was sharable. In any case it seemed like good news to me.

Can you share now?
ANRP2

Postby lvrr325 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:01 pm

My source posts here, I'll let him decide how to handle it.
lvrr325

Postby The Man » Fri May 18, 2018 11:06 pm

The only one I’m willing to say (I don’t want to upset the guys signing the checks) is that ALCO #5 is going to CNY NRHS, it’s a matter of the paperwork at this point. As for the E-8’s, they are being prepped to move to another railroad along with one or more BL-2, the passenger cars are being flung to any operation that needs or can use them. Other than that, when they get there it will be known. I will say that nothing is going to get cut up or left behind. I personally know IPH is trying to make sure some things are right when and if they go. This is why ALCO #5 was sent to CNY, IPH was concerned with it leaving NY. I think that was a great thing for them to do and shows the concern for historical value. They are working hard to make sure things are right in NY but it’s really a hard fight these days.

Your off the hook LVRR325, and I moved your truck today.

JJ-
The Man

Postby Dick H » Tue May 22, 2018 8:37 pm

From the poststar.com
https://poststar.com/news/local/pennsyl ... 0ba5a.html

On another list, it is reported that County officials have not even acknowledged the correspondence for the PA company.
Dick H

Postby Jeff Smith » Thu May 24, 2018 9:52 am

^^^
Pennsylvania railroad operator offers help on Warren County line

A railroad operator in Pennsylvania believes he can help turn around Warren County’s rail line.

Robert Lowe, who owns Rail Holdings Inc. in south-central Pennsylvania, said he reached out to Warren County officials in recent days after reading about the demise of Saratoga & North Creek Railway. The railway has operated on the rail line owned by the county and town of Corinth for seven years, but announced in March that it was shutting down.

Lowe’s overture was mentioned at a public Board of Supervisors meeting on Monday, and he discussed the interest in a phone conversation with a reporter Tuesday.

Lowe said his company owns two railroads and runs a third in Pennsylvania, including Landsville Railroad, Elizabethtown Industrial Railroad and Clinton Terminal Railroad. Lowe said it also helped operate Piedmont & Northern Railroad in North Carolina after it ran into operations problems similar to what has befallen SNCR. That railroad was also run by SNCR’s parent company, Iowa Pacific Holdings, for a period of time.
Next stop, Willoughby
~Jeff Smith (fka "Sarge") :: RAILROAD.NET Site Administrator
Jeff Smith
Site Admin

Postby backroadrails » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:50 pm

I noticed today that the SNC is selling a 2003 Chevy highrail and their material handling truck.
backroadrails

Postby lvrr325 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:23 am

They're closing the operation, so it's a matter of what things are worth the expense to ship to another of their properties and what ones would be sold right there.
lvrr325

Previous

Return to New York State Railfan