Caltrain electrification

Discussion related to commuter rail and transit operators in California past and present including Los Angeles Metrolink and Metro Subway and Light Rail, San Diego Coaster, Sprinter and MTS Trolley, Altamont Commuter Express (Stockton), Caltrain and MUNI (San Francisco), Sacramento RTD Light Rail, and others...

Moderator: lensovet

Re: Caltrain electrification

Postby electricron » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:37 pm

lensovet wrote:if you think anything this administration is doing is driven by anything other than politics or personal gain, i've got a yuge bridge to sell you…

If you believe any discretionary federal, state, or local program from any era throughout history isn't driven by politics I have another bridge to sell to you!
Of course politics drives all discretionary spending!
electricron

Postby Tadman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:37 pm

electricron wrote:
lensovet wrote:if you think anything this administration is doing is driven by anything other than politics or personal gain, i've got a yuge bridge to sell you…

If you believe any discretionary federal, state, or local program from any era throughout history isn't driven by politics I have another bridge to sell to you!
Of course politics drives all discretionary spending!

This. It is extremely rare that a politician does something because "it's the right thing". Mr. Smith has long since left Washington and the movie was correct - most guys are there for promotion and growth and aggrandizement. Even the pols that claim to be here "for the people" and not real politicians, IE Rauner, Perot, Trump, are surrounded by those that are real politicians.
Tadman

Postby jonnhrr » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:58 pm

Railway Age is reporting groundbreaking on the electrification:

http://www.railwayage.com/index.php/passenger/commuter-regional/caltrain-officially-begins-electrification-project.html?channel=55

Following years of planning and recent federal funding uncertainty, Caltrain broke ground on the Peninsula Corridor Electrification Project July 21.

The ceremony was held at the Millbrae Caltrain Station and attended by California Gov. Jerry Brown, U.S. Reps. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.-12), Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.-18) and Jackie Speier (D-Calif.-14), as well as state and local officials and stakeholders.

The project will electrify the Caltrain corridor between San Francisco and San Jose and will equip the corridor with high-performance electric trains that will deliver faster, more frequent service to help the system accommodate rapidly increasing ridership demand.
Avatar Photo - P&W local from Gardner to Worcester at Morgan Rd., Hubbardston
jonnhrr

Previous

Return to California Commuter & Transit