D&H ``Toys for Tots`` Train

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPR.CA.

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

D&H ``Toys for Tots`` Train

Postby railfan60 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:58 pm

CP/D&H ``Toys for Tots`` train heading north toward Rouses Point yesterday.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 654&nseq=0

Frank
railfan60

Re: D&H ``Toys for Tots`` Train

Postby scottychaos » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:14 pm

nice photo!
but why are you calling it the "D&H" train?
The D&H hasn't existed for 22 years..

Scot
~ Scot Lawrence
Moderator: Lehigh Valley
Co-Moderator: Anthracite Railroads
Scot's railroad webpages
scottychaos

Postby Engineer Spike » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:44 pm

D&H still exists. I am a D&H employee. RRB shows it as my employer on my BA6, as does my W4. My copy of the collective bargaining agreements state that is is an agreement entered into between D&H and BLET, not CP.
"Welcome all ye who enter; the show that never ends. Tingfield Sperminal Railway." (Graffiti on the entry to Mohawk Yard Office)
Engineer Spike

Postby scottychaos » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:27 pm

It might exist "on paper"..but not as an operating railroad.
Technically the Penn Central company still exists too! ;) but the Penn Central railroad does not.

Scot
~ Scot Lawrence
Moderator: Lehigh Valley
Co-Moderator: Anthracite Railroads
Scot's railroad webpages
scottychaos

Postby Engineer Spike » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:38 am

CPR is a Canadian company, and D&H is a US company. D&H is an operating company.Until about 10 years ago, everything was still D&H. About that time they filed for a DBA ( doing business as) to call themselves CP. All STB filings are D&H. The same is true about SOO Line. The only reason for the DBA was marketing.

Penn Central was a bad analogy. They still own the Harlem Line, and likely some other lines which did not make the cut in the CR final system plan. None of its employees are engaged in railroading. D&H owns cars, locomotives, and track. It also has employees such as myself who operate trains and are directly paid by the D&H to do so.

The real D&H, which started as Delaware and Hudson Canal Company divested itself of the railroad in 1967. N&W formed Delaware and Hudson Railway. The original went into other industries. I heard that one was IHop restaurants. D&H Railway was N&W's vehicle to own the former D&H Railroad Co.'s railroad assets. There may have been one or two other D&H names to distinguish the pre and post bankruptcy entities.

You can argue this topic all day long. All I know is that D&H pays me well on every Friday!
"Welcome all ye who enter; the show that never ends. Tingfield Sperminal Railway." (Graffiti on the entry to Mohawk Yard Office)
Engineer Spike

Postby DannyEngineer2 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:38 am

That's amazing picture. I have to agree with Engineer Spike that
D&H still exists. I am a D&H employee. RRB shows it as my employer on my BA6, as does my W4. My copy of the collective bargaining agreements state that is is an agreement entered into between D&H and BLET, not CP.

I used to work for them in 2013 so I belive they are still exists.
[url=http://köpersterbhusstockholm.se/flytthjalp/]flytthjalp[/url]
DannyEngineer2

Return to Canadian Pacific Railway