Bombardier Passenger Conductor--Pay Rate ?

General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

Bombardier Passenger Conductor--Pay Rate ?

Postby Bgunn17 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:56 am

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me the starting salary for passenger conductors for Bombardier? I applied, however, salary was not disclosed.

Thanks
Last edited by John_Perkowski on Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Capitalization usually means shouting on the interwebs.
Bgunn17

Re: BOMBARDIER PASSENGER CONDUCTOR

Postby kaitoku » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:10 pm

Which city and agency? AFAIK Bombardier is a manufacturer of rolling stock and provides maintenance for its products, but not staff for commuter operations- which is typically handled by public agencies and/or contractors such as Amtrak or Transdev.
kaitoku

Postby STrRedWolf » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:35 pm

kaitoku wrote:Which city and agency? AFAIK Bombardier is a manufacturer of rolling stock and provides maintenance for its products, but not staff for commuter operations- which is typically handled by public agencies and/or contractors such as Amtrak or Transdev.

Negative. Bombardier runs MARC trains on CSX track, and the conductors and engineers are Bombardier personnel. Bombardier is not just a manufacturer but a service provider as well (like how Keoils is).

MARC trains on Amtrak track are run by Amtrak staff.
I ride the (MTA Maryland) Penn Line (between Odenton and Baltimore). I used to work for MTA Maryland's IT department, and out of professional courtesy my responses may be limited. Wikimapia is wonderful (for track/interlocking locations)!
STrRedWolf

Postby DutchRailnut » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:41 pm

currently they are one of bidders for New Haven/ Springfield service for CTDOT, but so is Amtrak - Keolis - Veolia - HRRC :-)
If Conductors are in charge, why are they promoted to be Engineer???

Retired Triebfahrzeugführer
DutchRailnut

Postby Bgunn17 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:54 pm

Location is New Haven, CT. The job posting just says "Bombardier Passenger Conductor ". Training provided, so I was curious as to the salary. I assumed it was on the freight side.
Bgunn17

Postby John_Perkowski » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:57 pm

ADMIN Note:

Moved to the Employment Forum.
~John Perkowski: Moderator: General Discussion: Locomotives, Rolling Stock, and Equipment
Assistant Administrator: Railroad.net/forums
Please don't feed the spammers! If you see spam, please notify a Moderator
John_Perkowski

Return to Employment