Teen sues after losing legs in train accident

For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

Teen sues after losing legs in train accident

Postby Denver Dude » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:17 pm

Anyone seen this? I find it infuriating for so many reasons.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/24/teen-sues- ... -accident/
Denver Dude

Re: Teen sues after losing legs in train accident

Postby Gadfly » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:05 am

Trespassing? WHAT was he DOING [i]on[i/] the track to begin with? The tracks are NOT a public highway for the free "enjoyment" of same! :( YOUR safety responsibility is YOURS, and YOURS alone. While I sympathize with this young man on his loss, the responsibility is HIS and HIS alone! "Walking along with headphones"??????? And he expects a train to HEAR him with whatever volume HE has chosen??? The absolute lack of gray matter, even common sense, is just
so discouraging! THIS is the generation that we must leave our nation to??????? :( 0( Worse, it is OUR FAULT for abdicating our responsibilities as parents. We have taught our children, as a whole, that everything is someone else's fault, someone else's problem, and we should be PAID for our mistakes even if the cause of the accident is ours, and ours alone. How sad that we now are expert "blame shifters" and expect innocent people to PAY for our stupidity. Our society thinks the mean old railroad has "deep pockets" and is responsible for US! If I were a railroad CEO, I'd fight this with all my being on PRINCIPLE!

Sad, but some liberal jury will succumb to sad eyes and 'poor' widdle feller in a wheel chair and make him rich! Cadillacs for everybody!!!!! :( :(

GF
Gadfly

Return to General Class I and II Discussion